Phase 2 of this funding seems to now be available in some local authorities today but they all seem to have different approaches and timescales for this grant.
You can get the link to your own local authority website and find out more here Find Business Support
Falkirk council have said that this fund will support businesses (with up to 250 employees), facing short term financial challenges and hardship as a direct result of restrictions from October 2020 relating to COVID-19. This fund will provide a one-off payment which will be tiered according to the number of employees in your business.
Applicants who have already been approved within Phase 1 of the Discretionary Fund will automatically be entitled to a top-up grant. There is no need for these businesses to reapply – we will contact you.
Who can apply?
- Limited Company (including Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations and social enterprises)
- Sole Traders
- Community Interest Companies
To be eligible, business income must have been affected by more than 50% due to the restrictions and regulations introduced since October 2020.
Please note funds received via Bounce Back Loans, Job Retention Scheme or Self-Employed Income Support Scheme do not affect your eligibility to apply.
Businesses NOT eligible include:
Any business which has received, or has an application pending, for financial support since October 2020 from another fund. This includes (but is not restricted to):
- Strategic Framework Business Fund (Closure/Restriction Fund)
- Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund
- Mobile and Home Based Close Contact Services Fund
- Scottish Wedding Industry Fund
- Taxi and Private Hire Support Fund
- Scottish Tour Operators/Guides Funds
- Visitor Attraction Support Funds
- B&B/Small Accommodation/Large Accommodation Funds
- Campervan and Motorhome Rental Operators Fund
How much is the grant?
Grants will be tiered based on the number of employees within a business. You will need to provide evidence during the application process.
This is a one off payment.