The Scottish Government have allocated funding to support businesses in close contact settings who are impacted by the requirement for physical distancing and capacity limits and advised to reduce contact within indoor settings that came into force from 9th December 2021 to 24th January 2022.
Who is eligible for the funding:
The fund will provide support to businesses in the close contact sectors who own/rent premises with a non-domestic rates (NDR) account, and self-employed close contact service individuals who are registered as one of the following:
- Beauty services
- Hairdressing and hair removal services
- Spa and wellness services
and provide any of the following services:
- Hair washing
- Trimming and cutting
- Laser hair removal
- Shaving and beard trimming
- Nail treatments
- Dermatology& skincare treatments
- Lash extensions
- Spray/application tanning by a person
Level of grant awarded:
£1,000 for self-employed businesses
£1,500 for NDR registered premise business owners
Information required for the application:
- Bank statements for the full month of December 2021
- Self-employed businesses should provide their UTR and proof of Self-Assessment documentation (statement/HMRC gateway screenshot)
- NDR businesses should also supply their NDR rates reference along with a rates bill for 2021/22.
Applications are open now and close on 4th March 2022.
The application can be found on the Scottish Government website here