As a growing and ambitious firm we are proud of the fact that people drive our business and are the reason why we succeed.
We are looking for an Accounts Senior to join our successful and expanding team. The role offers career progression as well as a competitive salary, and as a firm who strongly believes in the wellbeing of its employees, a generous benefits package is also included. Based in modern and accessible offices our location has plentiful parking facilities.
Reporting to the Partners and Senior Management team, key duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and review of Ltd Company, sole trader and partnership accounts
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts (including meaningful commentary)
- VAT compliance
- Corporate and personal tax compliance
- Working within set budgets and time scales
- Coaching and mentoring our junior staff. We are looking for a newly Qualified Accountant with a proven track record in all the above, with a view to progressing their career with a forward thinking company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified through ACCA/ICAS or an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of working within general practice
- Strong core skills of accounting, tax and VAT compliance
- Consideration will be given to Part-Qualified and Qualified By Experience candidates with a significant track record in the Accountancy profession
In this position the successful candidate will get a wide range of responsibilities and experience. The position will suit candidates who have experience in an accountancy practice and who are seeking a new challenge in a positive environment.
To be considered for the role you must have a positive attitude and be a confident and effective communicator who is hard working and dedicated. You must have good communication skills and have an ability to work using your own initiative and to strict deadlines.
Candidates should be comfortable using accounting packages such as SAGE Line 50 and also Microsoft products including word and excel. A knowledge of IRIS would be useful but is not essential.
Seize the opportunity to grow your potential, find our more about Drummond Laurie on our website here and send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please)