We are very excited to be expanding our team again within Drummond Laurie and have two more vacancies, Audit Senior and Accounts Assistant.
As a fast growing independent firm of Accountants based in the central belt we are looking for talented people to join our 40 strong team and to support an expanding client base. The role offers career progression as well as a competitive salary, and as a firm who strongly believes in the wellbeing of its employees, a generous benefits package is also included. Based in modern and accessible offices our location has plentiful parking facilities.
Reporting to the Partners and Senior Management team, key duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Performance of audit procedures from the planning stage, through audit fieldwork to completion
- Preparation and review of Ltd Company, charity, LLP, sole trader and partnership accounts
- Keeping up to date with technical knowledge in audit, accounts and tax such that we can actively inform our clients to their benefit
- Working within set budgets and time scales
- Coaching and mentoring our junior staff
We are looking for a newly qualified or part qualified Accountant with a proven track record in all the above, with a view to progressing their career with a forward thinking company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified through ACCA/ICAS or an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of working within the audit department of a general practice
- Strong core skills of audit and accounting
- Consideration will be given to Part-Qualified candidates with some experience in the audit profession
The successful candidate will get a wide range of responsibilities and experience and it will suit anyone who is seeking a new challenge in a positive environment.
Reporting to the Senior Management team, key duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the management team in preparing annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a proven track record in all the above, with a view to progressing their career with a forward thinking company.
The position will suit candidates who have a number of years’ experience in an accountancy practice and who are seeking a new challenge in a positive environment and may be operating at a similar level.
To be considered for either of these roles you must have a positive attitude and be a confident and effective communicator who is hard working and dedicated. You must have strong communication skills and have an ability to work using your own initiative and to strict deadlines.
Candidates should be comfortable using accounting packages such as SAGE Line 50 and also be comfortable using Microsoft word and excel. Knowledge of IRIS would be useful but is not essential.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org