Drummond Laurie Chartered AccountantsMany mortgage lenders are now requiring external evidence of earnings to support mortgage applications.  This external evidence comes by way of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and is a paper tax calculation called a SA302 form.

If you are in the process of arranging or think you will be needing a mortgage soon think ahead and establish if there will be a need to provide this type of proof of earnings.  Do not leave this to the last minute as the information can take weeks to come through from HMRC and could hold up the process.  Your mortgage adviser should be able to confirm if these are needed.mortgage

To get the required forms (and you will normally need the last 3 tax years) the easiest way is to call HMRC to request these.  Alternatively your authorised accountant can make the request on your behalf.

If you have any questions in relation to this please contact us at Drummond Laurie.